The American multinational technology company, Microsoft, has finally done with its bug fixing process that allegedly stopped many users Microsoft users to install Windows 10 October update. The company has released its Windows 10 update in October; however, some users complained about not being able to download the Windows updates. Reason being, some of the files were missing in the original October update. From the time when this issue has been addressed, the company has been working on fixing the bug and trying to ensure that all the Microsoft Windows 10 users get proper Windows upgrade.
Notably, Microsoft’s blocking bug had obstructed Windows 10 upgrade for the systems that had incompatible hardware drivers or software installed. Primarily, iCloud, VPN clients and Trend Micro’s security software were having the compatibility issues align with some other security software. Consequently, most of them were corporate users that largely used the VPN and Security software. Some of the other users who did not have the required space to download the updates complained that Windows 10 October update has deleted their personal files to create space for storing the October update files.
Interestingly, Microsoft openly informed all the affected users about the issues through a dedicated support page on its official website. Windows 10 “Advanced” users can now fully download the Windows 10 October 2018 Update by checking for updates manually. However, users of Windows 10 other variants will have to wait for the fully automatic deployment.
Since Microsoft has faced a buggy year lately where it rolled out the October 2018 update for the fourth time to resolve the bugs, the company is now being more cautious to roll out Windows upgrade for Windows 10, version 1809. According to Microsoft, almost all the potential bugs have been resolved now and Windows 10 “Advanced version” users can download the complete package of Windows 10 October Update now. Though it takes more than two and a half months after the initial release of the Microsoft Windows 10 October update, the company is now taking slowly and steadily approach to roll out the update.
How to Get the Microsoft Windows 10 October 2018 Update Manually?
Windows 10 October Update Via Using Update Assistant
- Visit the official website of Microsoft and head to the Windows 10 Software download page.
- Users can visit this link directly – click on
- Once the update is downloaded, click on “Update Now” button.
- As soon as the users click on it, Windows 10 Update Assistant Tool will start downloading the Windows 10 downloader file of a size of 6 MB approx.
- After downloading the file, run the Update Assistant.
- Once the Update Assistant starts, it will check user’s system configuration and if everything is fine, it will prompt users to start the installation.
- Follow the instructions and click on the ‘Next’ button.
- When the installation is complete, restart the PC and the Windows upgrade will be applied in the next boot.
- Users must note that the update process might take 20 to 30 minutes to complete the process. Also, note that the PC will restart several times during the update.
Windows 10 October Update Via Using Media Creation Tool
- Download the Windows 10 Update via link mentioned above.
- After downloading the update, run the app and follow the instructions showed on the screen.
- Click on the “Upgrade this PC” option and click on the ‘Next’ button.
- Make sure to mark the “Keep Personal Files and Apps” option. If not, the personal files and apps stored in the PC will be deleted.
- Then, click on the “Install” button to start the process.
Windows 10 October Update Via Using Insider Program
- Open the Settings of the PC by clicking the Start Menu. Users may use the Cortana Search to navigate the system Settings
- Then, click on the “Update & Security” and head to the “Windows Insider Program” and click on the “Get Started” button.
- Once done, restart the PC and the changes will automatically be applied.
- After restarting the PC, open the Insider Settings and select the “Just Fixes and Update” option available under the “Choose your Insider level”.