The technology giant, Microsoft, on Friday, showcased the latest Windows 10 Preview – Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 18353 (19H1) – to be precise. The new Windows 10 update shows the Windows Sandbox and Gaming improvement that fixed almost every bug. Microsoft new release of Windows 10 is a ‘Service’ based technology that will receive new features and resolve bugs on a regular basis. As a Windows 10 Insider user, one can manually check for the Microsoft Windows 10 latest updates by navigating to Settings – Update & Security – Windows Update.
Some of the Windows 10 Sandbox improvements include:
- Microsoft has enabled the PC’s microphone of the Windows Sandbox to support the accessibility issues.
- The company also enabled the Windows Sandbox time zone synchronization with the host that was disabled earlier on.
- Microsoft enabled the configuration of the audio input device.
- The company has added a Hotkey viz. ctrl + alt + break key to activate the Windows Sandbox on full-screen mode.
- Microsoft has added another Hotkey viz. Shift + Alt + Print Screen key to activate the Windows Sandbox contrast mode.
- Microsoft has also resolved the ‘Preferred Region’ settings that used to reset on the upgradation.
- The company has resolved the bug that was preventing the Chinese version of PC video games working properly.
- The company has also resolved the hanging problem of PC drivers caused by some error in ‘memcpy’.
Other known Issues that are yet to be resolved include:
- Microsoft is in talks with Creative to resolve the Creative X-Fi sound cards issues.
- Some games that require anti-cheat software are causing issues on launch.
- The company is working on the issues that cause some of the Realtek SD Card Readers to prevent from working properly.
- The company is also working on the issues that prevent VMware to install or update the Windows Insider Preview Builds. However, users can use the alternative i.e. Hyper V that is already available.
- The night light space is still creating trouble for users and the company is investigating the cause of the issue.
Furthermore, the company, Microsoft, has thanked users who signed up and tried out the new Windows 10 Gaming Technology in Build 18334. The company has appealed those users, who have already tried the State of Decay, to reinstall the program again and check if they are experiencing any issues. If yes, they can use the Feedback Hub to report the issue so that Microsoft ensures to address the issue.
Those users who have not signed up for the State of Decay and are trying to install the program for the first time can do so by following the instructions mentioned below:
- Install the Xbox Insider Hub app and it will open the Store app.
- Once redirected to the Store app, log in to the Xbox Insider Hub using the assigned Gamertag. In the case of not having the Gamertag, users can click on the ‘Instructions’ link to check the Gamertag.
- After the users are logged in, they are required to select Insider Content mentioned on the upper left panel on the screen.
- Navigate to the bottom of the computer screen to choose the Windows Gaming program
- Run the program and follow the instructions. Users can skip the steps already completed earlier.
If the users are facing any issues in installing the program or downloading the game, they can give their feedback using the Feedback Hub and Microsoft will address the issues in the upcoming Windows 10 update release.